The Border Medical Association is an organisation of medical practitioners in Albury Wodonga and the surrounding region.
The Border Medical Association aims to;
- Foster and sustain consultation, cooperation and communication within the medical profession and its various representative bodies.
- Coordinate and lobby on behalf of the medical profession.
- Foster unity among medical practitioners by providing a forum for their opinions.
- Foster communication between the medical profession and the community.
- Foster and sustain a diversity of medical resources by supporting recruitment and retention.
- Foster and sustain social and supporting links among medical practitioners and their families.
- Support and mentor educational advancement of Resident Medical Officers and Registrars at local hospitals.
- Foster and support undergraduate education through the Rural Clinical School University of NSW and other institutions which have links with regional Medical Practitioners.
- Support secondary school students wishing to pursue a career in medicine through a scholarship fund.